Galt & Taggart and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries ("Galt & Taggart", "we", "our" or "us") would like to inform you that your privacy on the internet is of crucial importance to us. The success of our business depends on our ability to maintain the trust of our clients. During the course of our business, we gather information about our users, and we would like to inform you about the type of information we gather, what we do with it and how you can correct or modify the information you entrust us with.
Please note that this policy only applies to websites operated by a member of the Galt & Taggart and not to other organizations or person to which we refer to on such websites through banners or links.
When you sign up for a demo or live account with any entity within the Galt & Taggart, the following information about you ("Your Data") will be collected and stored for administrative, service related and/or legal purposes:
- Personal information, such as names, addresses, personal registration number and e-mail addresses etc ("Personal Information")., and
- Financial information ("Financial Information") for credit assessment.
- Website traffic pattern information and IP addresses.
Your Data is stored and kept confidential according to the legislation on protection of personal data and processing thereof applicable in the jurisdiction in which the Galt & Taggart's entity with which you have signed up is located, as further explained below under "Disclosure of Personal Data".
Cookies allow us to improve your comfort of use, for example by remembering your passwords and viewing preferences, thus allowing you to visit various "member-only" parts of the website without re-registering.
Furthermore, cookies are used by us to measure activity on the website and make improvements and updates based on which areas are popular and which are not.
We do not use information transferred through cookies for any direct promotional or marketing purposes without your consent.
Use of information collected by Galt & Taggart
Galt & Taggart uses both the personal and aggregated information that we collect for multiple purposes.
The information is used:
- To improve the content of the website
- To customise the content and/or the layout of the website for each individual user
- To notify users about updates to the website
- To send out newsletters or information about other opportunities that we believe will be of interest to you. We will only send this to you if you have indicated that you wish to receive such information and we will respect your wish not to do so if you communicate such wish to us.
Personal Information is collected when our users provide personal information to us upon registering for membership or when applying on-line for an account. We will limit the collection of Personal Information to what is necessary to administer our business in an effort to provide you with superior service.
Traffic pattern information includes information on which web pages our users access or visit, and how many users log into our websites on a daily basis. This kind of information is only used in its aggregated form, which means that the individual user will not be recognisable.
We may also use the information we gather to inform you of new products or services available or under consideration, technical issues, customer satisfaction surveys or account updates and related purposes.
Your e-mail address may be used by the Galt & Taggart in relation to its products and services (including any marketing campaigns related to these products or services).
Disclosure of personal data
Galt & Taggart's employees, directors, officers and/or representatives are obliged by law to treat your data as confidential and may not pass on or use any of your data without valid legal grounds.
Any of your data benefits from this full protection and will only be disclosed to third parties such as administrative or judicial authorities if Galt & Taggart is compelled to do so pursuant to the applicable law, or if you have given your written consent to such disclosure. You may revoke such consent or modify its extent at any time. Without prejudice to the above, Galt & Taggart can disclose the following information:
- General customer data, such as name, address and personal registration number, to companies carrying out administrative tasks for Galt & Taggart.
- General customer data about corporate customers to financial institutions subject to professional secrecy, for the purpose of marketing and advisory services.
If the data we hold about you proves inaccurate or outdated, we will correct it immediately upon your request.